Principal/Assistant Director @ Butler County Area Vocational-Technical School
Principal/Assistant Director - Principal/Assistant Director position effective July 1, 2020.
- Student Centered: The new applicant must have a commitment to the students as an advocate for learning, supporting success and growth through encouragement and motivation, and ensuring a welcoming, safe environment where students are held accountable.
- Data Driven: The applicant must be able to demonstrate experience in utilizing data to support decisions as it relates to advancing student performance, driving curriculum growth, enhancing student opportunities, and collaboratively achieving school-wide goals set by the Executive Director and Joint Operating Committee.
- Superior Communicator: The applicant must possess and utilize effective interpersonal skills to support collaboration and growth among students, parents, staff, sending school personnel, and community members.
- Dynamic Leader: The applicant must be innovative, highly organized, detail-oriented, aware of national, state, and local trends in quality CTE, and dedicated to the long-term success at BCAVTS. This should be clearly visible in their level of commitment to professional growth of the staff and self, leadership of teams, staff supervision, marketing of the school, securing federal and state funds, and overall school excellence. Also, the applicant must have the abilities to effectively address high pressure situations and successfully manage time.
- Complete PA Standard Application at butlertec.usand submit with signed letter of interest, resume, three letters of reference, copy of certification(s), and sealed university transcripts by March 6, 2020.
- Acts 24 (PDE Form 6004) 34, 114, 151 clearances and physical exam required of successful candidate. EOE.
- Applicant must possess either (and be eligible to possess both):
- PA Principal Certification
- PDE Career and Technical (Vocational Admin) Director Certification
- Three years’ experience teaching or as an administrator in a career and technical education setting.