Secondary Curriculum Specialist
This position is 10 month, 7.5 hour day. This position will be available August 23, 2022. The salary is in accordance with the current Professional Collective Bargaining Unit Agreement.
The Secondary Curriculum Specialist is responsible for assisting the director of secondary curriculum in achieving the curriculum-related district goals set forth through the process of our strategic planning and those goals developed by the superintendent of schools, the assistant superintendent of district programs, and the assistant superintendent of pupil services. Their role includes but is not limited to the collection of research, the presentation of professional development, being a liaison between teachers and curriculum, previewing new instructional materials, partnering with elementary coaches to better ensure effective practices at the elementary levels are having the expected impact at secondary levels.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a master’s degree in either a certified curricular area, curriculum/instruction or similar academic leadership degree. PA Secondary Certification required.
Further Qualifications Include:
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Successful experience as a department chairperson or comparable leadership experience is preferred
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Familiarity with accessing and assimilating applicable educational research to curricula
- Experience with technology that includes critical data analysis
- Experience in curriculum revision is preferred
- Ability to guide teacher groups in the curriculum revision process
- Understanding of project management and how to create and implement long-range plans related to district curricular needs
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a PA Standard Application including certification, transcripts, evaluations, 3 references and current clearances. Applications and clearance forms may be downloaded from our employment website at www.esasd.net. If you currently work for the District, please submit a letter of interest with an updated resume.
Applications or letters of interest should be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or can be mailed to:
East Stroudsburg Area School District
50 Vine Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301